· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 500g lean minced steak
· 1 large onion finely chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, minced or chopped
· 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
· 2 tbsp chillies
· 1 tbsp tomato puree
· 3 tins of chopped tomatoes
· 20g cumin
· 20g Garam Masala
· 4 tsp of Balti paste
· 10g fresh coriander
· 100g fresh garden peas
· 500ml vegetable stock (optional)
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Add the mince, all the seasoning, spices and Baltic paste the brown the mince slowly.
- Remove the mince from the pan, discard all the fat, and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil and cook the onion, garlic, chilli and ginger with some seasoning for 8 mins until soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, fresh garden peas and cook until heated through.
- Stir in the tomato purée, 500ml water or vegetable stock, and the beef. Cook on a medium heat for 20 mins.
- Serve with basmati rice, fresh coriander, and mango or lime chutney.
Click here to find out more about the fresh, healthy options available from The Art Cafe at Charles Roe House in Macclesfield, part of Pinches Medical + Wellbeing.
Article sponsored by Pinches Medical + Wellbeing