Final preparations are being made for this year’s RHS Flower Show Tatton Park, and we asked organisers for their ‘top five’ elements from the annual floral extravaganza as well as their tips on how to make the most of your visit.
The Field of Dahlias
Step in to a swathe of colour and walk amongst the Field of Dahlias – over 5,000 of them in five different colours, a rainbow experience and a feel good photo moment of the show.
The humble lawn is finally getting its turn in the spotlight with this new area at the show. Featuring live demos and top advice on lawn care, machinery and more… plus, a vintage lawnmower display from the British Lawnmower Museum.
The RHS has gone creepy crawly crazy this year and the bug hub offers visitors the chance to find out more about the creatures that live in our gardens. Expect giant insect models, microscopes, bug hotels and more. There’s also advice on how gardeners can live in harmony and encourage more life in to their gardens. The Bug Hub Theatre next door (hosted by Mr Plant Geek) will be buzzing with live talks about insects and wildlife.
Dig In Area
This new area of the show is a hub of edible and grow-your-own delights. Edible nurseries and allotments, the Dig In Live theatre with live cookery and gardening demos, fruit and veg summer competition, vintage tractors and much more.
RHS Young Designer gardens
See the very best of up and coming garden design talent in this prestigious competition. Enjoy a variety of styles across a range of themes and take home some inspiration for your very own green space.
How to make the most of your visit…
· Arrive early to make the most of the day.
· Bring your water bottle and top up at the free water points around the show
· There’s a free shuttle bus (with plenty of room for plants) running from Altrincham station to the show
· Free up your hands and use the Plant Crèche to look after your plants while you shop for more!
· Tuck in to some delicious food and drink at the show and visit the Great Taste Market for some take home goodies!
· Find out who’s talking and when: make the most of your visit by checking out the talks and demos going on each day.
Make sure you don’t miss…
– Floral Marquee for proper flower power wow factor!
– Back to Back Gardens offer real inspiration for your own garden
– RHS Bridgewater Feature Garden for a sneak preview of the new RHS Garden opening in 2020
– Make a flower crown in the Flower School
– Grab a selfie next to the RHS letters