When most people think of their local chemist, they think prescriptions. And they’d be right.
Well Pharmacy, the UK’s largest independent chain, helps over 600,000 people with their prescriptions every week.
But this is just one element of the NHS-approved health services the pharmacy provides to the local community.
Take a look at the top ways Well Pharmacy Timperley on Stockport Road can improve your health and wellbeing this spring – some might just surprise you!
TOP WAYS WELL PHARMACY TIMPERLEY CAN HELP YOU STAY WELL
1. With the Stroke Association’s ‘National Know Your Blood Pressure Day’ taking place on 14 April, knowing your numbers has never been more important.
Did you know that for every 10 people diagnosed with high blood pressure, a further 7 remain undiagnosed?
High blood pressure increases your risk of life-threatening conditions like heart failure and stroke, so pop into your local Well pharmacy to check your blood pressure for free and without an appointment. It’s quick, painless and could save your life.
Our highly trained pharmacists can provide you with advice and support to reduce your blood pressure if a diagnosis is made.
2. Jetting off to somewhere exotic? More than 1,500 travellers returning to the UK after visiting a malaria risk area were diagnosed with this serious tropic disease. Our pharmacists can offer you advice on high risk areas, and anti-malarial tablets are available to buy in store.
3. Having problems with your sex life but too embarrassed to go to your family doctor? Well from April, you can pop into your local Well pharmacy and speak confidentially to a pharmacist in a private consultation room about some of the medications available to help you, such as sildenafil, sold as the brand name Viagra among others.
4. Forgot to take your contraceptive pill and worried about what that could mean? Don’t worry, our pharmacists can offer you a free consultation about family planning and sexual health concerns without an appointment, and can provide you with emergency contraception options if that option is right for you.
5. Did you know that many minor ailments such as skin conditions, ear infections, and stomach problems, can be treated quickly and easily in the pharmacy rather than you having to queue for hours in A&E?
6. Want to stay flu-free? Well can give you your annual flu jab. In a recent survey [One Poll Flu Survey on 2,000 UK consumers – Oct 2017] over half of consumers were not aware that you could get your vaccination at a pharmacy and believed that the jab was only for the elderly and ill.
We recommend that everyone who can have the flu jab, gets the flu jab, to protect yourself, your family, and other vulnerable people in the community. We even provide a nasal spray for youngsters. Check your eligibility for a free jab here.
7. Not sure what your new medicine is or what it might do to you? Our pharmacists offer a free service to help you understand your new prescription medication, explaining how it works, the effect it is likely to have on your body, and how best to take it to get the most out of it.
8. Are you experiencing some problems taking your medicines? Do you feel you’re your prescription is not working like you thought it would?
All Well pharmacies offer a free medicine check-up service to help you solve any issues you might be having. Our expert pharmacists can give you tips on how best to take your medicine if you find it difficult to take, and can help to minimise any side effects you’re having.
Natalia Shah, the pharmacy manager at Well Pharmacy Timperley said: “With a new team here, we have lots of fresh ideas and innovative ways to improve the health and wellbeing of our community.
“Myself and the team are highly trained experts, and are here to help whatever your healthcare or medication needs may be. We want to get to know as many members of the community as soon as possible so just pop in for a chat as a first port of call for advice and support.”
Well Pharmacy is the UK’s largest independent pharmacy chain with over 7,000 employees based in 800 pharmacies across the UK.
Well is passionate about providing personalised healthcare and wellbeing support in the heart of local communities.
The pharmacy teams provide friendly, expert advice and support, with many of the comprehensive services offered free of charge.