Article by Jonathan White, photos by Rev Lynne Cullens
The annual ‘Christmas Fair’ at St Andrew’s Church on Bedford Street in Crewe took place on Saturday 1st December 2018.
There were numerous stalls – including a tombola, games, jewellery, cheese, jams, cakes and a prize raffle.
Children were able to visit Father Christmas and receive a present from him. There were also children’s activities.
There was live musical entertainment from ‘Pick & Mix’ (Fred Allman and Chris White, accompanied by Fred’s daughter Victoria Allman) plus ‘Singing Sensations’ along with a demonstration of armchair exercise routines from the ‘Dance to Health’ community group which meets weekly in the church hall.
Money raised from the stalls will go to St Andrew’s Church funds.
Priest-in-charge of St Andrew’s Church, Rev Lynne Cullens said: “It’s been wonderful to welcome so many members of the wider community to our Christmas Fair today.
“Both as a church and as a Connected Communities Centre, we want people to feel this is their space so to have been able to share in such fantastic music, dancing, food and activities with people from across our community has been great.”
Forthcoming Christmas events at St Andrew’s Church:
– Tuesday 4th December (Churches Together in Crewe Advent Service, 6.30pm)
– Sunday 9th December (Church@TheBrookhouse Carol Service – Belong, Brookhouse Drive, Crewe, 11am)
– Friday 21st December (Community Carols in Church Garden, 7pm)
– Sunday 23rd December (Nine Lessons and Carols, 4pm)
– Monday 24th December (Christingle and Crib Service, 3pm, repeated 4:30pm)
– Monday 24th December (Midnight Mass, 11.30pm)
– Saturday 29th December (Experience Christmas, 11am-12pm & 1.30-3pm)
All events and activities are free of charge.
Weekly services at St Andrew’s Church:
– Sundays (Said Communion, 8am; Worship and Communion – coffee is served after this service – 9.30am; Evensong or Sung Eucharist, 4pm)
– Tuesdays (Open informal worship with coffee and cakes, 6.30pm)
– Thursdays (Said Communion – coffee and cakes afterwards, 10am).
Saturday Cafe takes place every week (12noon to 1.30pm) with soup, sandwiches and cakes in a relaxed atmosphere.
If you would like to learn more about the work of St Andrew’s Church, join the choir or volunteer for any of their community projects please contact Rev Lynne Cullens on 01270 569 000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.